Chimichurri is an Argentinian parsley sauce that is used as an accompaniment to grilled steak. The Argentinians take grade pride in their beef. Argentina’s beef is considered among the best in the world.Chimichurri can also be used as a marinade for chicken or even be lightly brushed on shrimp on the grill. Trust me, after you taste this, you will want to forbid anyone from using A1 sauce ever again! No offense to those who like steak sauce, but in my opinion, there is no comparison. The freshness of this sauce is a burst on your palate. You can freeze chimichurri into cubes. It will keep in your fridge for about 3 months without loosing flavor. Store your frozen chimichurri in a covered ice tray. Because this is made with natural ingredients it is 100% preservative free. Just as a side note, if you prefer, you can make chimichurri with cilantro or a mixture of both.
Chimichurri Sauce Recipe
A deliciously robust and flavorful Argentinian sauce to complement to steak or chicken. It is made with parsley, garlic and olive oil among other things. This spicy aromatic sauce will be a favorite for your next cookout!
- Wash the parsley thoroughly and chop in three places.
- Place all ingredients in a food processor and blend for about 30 seconds.
- Stir contents with a spatula and turn processor on again for another 30 seconds.
- Sauce should be a yellow green color with multiple green flakes. (see picture).
- *You may use freshly squeezed lemon juice in place of vinegar.