This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and Conagra Brands. All opinions are mine alone. #31DaysWithRotel #CollectiveBias
Flatbread is my best friend, well, one of my very best friends at least because it presents so many possibilities. It’s really a blank canvas. You can buy it in the store; this is a HUGE BONUS, especially for those super busy weeknights when cooking time is usually cut short by something called LIFE. Okay, having said all this, I hope you enjoy my easy 30 minute chicken cilantro pesto flatbread. Did I mention it is topped with RO*TEL? Yeah, read on.
In my humblest of opinions, RO*TEL is a fabulous ingredient especially when you need to spice things up a little bit. I get my RO*TEL at my local Walmart which is 5 minutes from my house, talk about a major convenience. And the best thing? They always have it. ALWAYS!
I use RO*TEL for so many different dishes I prepare at home, like this easy 30 minute chicken cilantro flatbread. For starters, it’s great on black beans, dips, stews, and YES, as a topping for flatbread too. Scrambled eggs? Sure, why not? RO*TEL is perfect with most everything you want to spice up. You see, with RO*TEL you can say bye bye to blandness and HELLO to flavor, bold, fabulous flavor that is! RO*TEL is always a staple in my pantry, to help me create tasty bold flavors for my whole family.
RO*TEL is full of potential for all your FIESTA needs. If you need some added inspiration, make sure to go over to their social hub for some awesome recipe ideas. The month of May has 31 days, and many celebrations, so you too can have #31DaysWithRotel. Start now!
This is such an easy and tasty dish to make, and RO*TEL is there to help you add that extra zing.
So, now I have a little confession to make: “I bought the flatbread” Yes, I know, I cheated. But, I was in a hurry and I wanted to make something great and delicious for our Sunday night dinner. But everything else is fresh, I promise. Yeah, that’s right because the taste of RO*TEL is as good as fresh. If you make this easy 30 minute chicken cilantro pesto flatbread, let me know what you think, AND share the recipe with your friends too.
Next time you’re in your local Walmart don’t forget to pick up a couple of cans of RO*TEL to spice up your meals. Your family will love you.
Easy 30 Minute Chicken Cilantro Pesto Flatbread
- 4 Flatbreads
- 10 oz tomatoes RO*TEL tomatoes & chillie
- 8 Tbsp queso fresco crumbled
- 1 cup red onion chopped fine
- To make the cilantro pesto, cut most of the stems from the cilantro, and the parsley. Place the herbs in the bowl of a food processor and chop. Add the rest of the ingredients, and process on high until they form a thick paste.
- Pound chicken breasts until they're about 1/4" thick and then marinate.
- To marinate the chicken: Place it in a glass container. In a small bowl mix lemon juice, cumin, oregano, and salt. Pour over the chicken making sure to coat both sides. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375'F.
- Cook chicken by quickly pan frying it on both sides until done (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- To assemble your flatbread, place about 2 tablespoons of cilantro pesto on each flatbread, and spread with a spoon. Top with chicken, onion, queso fresco, and finally top with RO*TEL.
- Bake for 20 minutes directly on the oven rack.
* Blanched Almonds
To blanch the almonds place them in boiling water for about 2 minutes then drain, rinse and remove the skins by rubbing the almonds between your fingers.