This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ReadyPasta #CollectiveBias
Sometimes dinner time preparations can be stressful. What to make? How long do I have to cook a healthy and delicious meal? On nights like those pasta is usually the answer, at least for me. Pasta is a blank canvas because there is so much you can do. And now Barilla has made things even easier with their brand new product: Ready Pasta. Yes, ready pasta! It only takes 60 seconds to make in your microwave, and it’s also a portable product. Think the break room microwave at the office. Well, maybe you don’t want to think about the office right now.
Certainly, this new Barilla product is perfect for my penne pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and pesto. This delicious meal only takes about 5-10 minutes to make once you figure in the cooking time for the sun-dried tomatoes, and warming up the pesto sauce.
For starters, let me just say that Barilla is a high quality product, and this is why it is my go to pasta again, and again. Also, this new Barilla product is made with only three ingredients: wheat, olive oil and a pinch of sea salt, so it’s healthy. Furthermore, it is made with non GMO ingredients.
You can buy Barilla #ReadyPasta at your local Walmart, a 5 minute drive from my house. Sooo convenient! This new product helps you make just about ANY pasta dish in your recipe box in very little time AND without sacrificing quality. This is a huge PLUS, especially on a busy night, and who doesn’t have those?
For people who live alone, Barilla #ReadyPasta is a MUST because they can prepare an easy, no-fuss dinner in no time at all. You might want to check out the Barilla social hub for some additional recipe ideas. And don’t forget to pick up a couple of packages of Barilla Ready Pasta next time you’re at your local Walmart.
Before I forget, I wanted to tell you that I like to buy the sun-dried tomatoes that are not packed in oil, but in a resealable bag.
Finally, if you make this Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Pesto, let me know what you think. I definitely want to hear from you!
- 1 8.5 oz. package Barilla Ready Pasta (penne)
- 6-8 sun-dried tomatoes chopped into small pieces
- 3 oz. Barilla pesto sauce
- dash of nutmeg
- 4 Tbsp.. Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. parsley
- Re-hydrate the sun-dried tomatoes by placing them in a small bowl, then pour 1 cup of water over the tomatoes. Cover and microwave for one minute, then allow them to sit for about 5 minutes until they soften.
- Cook the penne pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a small skillet heat the pesto sauce, then stir in the nutmeg.
- Next, add the cooked pasta to the pesto mixture, then stir to coat evenly. Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Finally, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, and parsley.