This post has been #sponsored by Herdez. All opinions are my own. #FrijolesConTodo #ad #Sweepstakes.
Weeknight meals are sometimes a challenge. Herdez Instant Refried Beans can help you prepare a healthy meal in under 30 minutes. Refried beans, avocado, tomato, queso fresco tostada is not only easy to prepare, but also delicious. It’s an excellent choice for a busy weeknight meal that the entire family can enjoy putting together. Herdez makes their refried beans with family tradition and home-cooked flavors in mind. The result is an authentic taste that goes great with everything. Furthermore, Herdez Instant Refried Beans are gluten free!
Refried beans, avocado, tomato, queso fresco tostada is also a creative way to add a vegetarian meal, to your family’s table. Herdez traditional refried beans make the process so convenient. Not only does this product have a fabulous texture and flavor,but has good restaurant quality as well. The product also has the added advantage that it can be made on the stove top in about 5 minutes. In my book is a great summertime plus! Who wants to spend a ton of time in the kitchen during the summer months? Not me, even given my love for cooking.
Beans are a key staple in the Latin American diet because they can be prepared and eaten in so many different ways, and at any meal as well: breakfast, lunch or dinner! Herdez Instant Refried Beans can be eaten as a side dish, a dip, or even as a topping for your morning toast. Herdez Instant Refried Beans also come in different flavors to suits lots of different palates. Let’s see, there’s Traditional, Jalapeno, Chorizo, and Queso! With so many choices, the recipe possibilities are endless. Give them a try; my husband loved them. Get inspired by going to www.herdeztraditions.com/instant-refried-beans for more inspiration.
These tostadas are very easy to put together; all it takes is four easy steps. Get the whole family in on the action. It’s great family time.
This is a brand new product and you can currently buy it in the following cities: San Diego, CA, Phoenix, AZ, Las Vegas, NV, Denver, CO, San Antonio, TX, Houston, TX, and Des Moines, IA. Herdez is also hosting a social media giveaway where you can enter to win prizes. Two T-shirts will be given away every week. Check it out! Winners will be chosen randomly.
Refried beans, avocado, tomato, queso fresco tostada is healthy, delicious, and not to mention a great way to get the whole family to participate in the dinner preparation. Top with your favorite salsa. As a BONUS I’v’e also added my recipe for pico de gallo, a staple in my house. Try Herdez Instant Refried Beans, they have great flavor and are so versatile.
- 6 corn tostadas
- 1 package Herdez Traditional refried beans
- 2 avocados
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 cup shredded lettuce (I use Romaine)
- Pico de Gallo:
- 2 Roma tomatoes cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 tsp. lime juice
- 2 Tbsp. red onion diced
- ¼ tsp. Kosher salt.
- 2 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
- 6 Tbsp. crumbled queso fresco
- Garnish with your favorite salsa
- Prepare the refried beans according to package instructions.
- Peel, cut, and mash the two avocados and place in a bowl. Add in the lime juice and the salt and stir until well combined.
- To make the pico de gallo place the tomatoes in a bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients except the queso fresco until well combined.
- Assemble the tostadas:
- Spread the refried beans evenly among the 6 tostadas.
- Evenly place the guacamole mixture on top of the refried beans, and top with the shredded lettuce.
- Portion the pico de gallo on top of the lettuce and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. of queso fresco.
- Top with your favorite salsa.