This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #AuthenticSalsaStyle #CollectiveBias.
Summer’s almost over. Boo, please don’t say that, unless you want me to continue crying! Well, unfortunately the calendar doesn’t lie. In the frozen north where I live, however, we don’t consider summer over until the first snowflake falls. To me nothing says summer like delicious beef kebabs sizzling on the grill. Say hello to tangy sweet beef kebabs (marinated in HERDEZ® Salsa Verde). Celebrate the remaining warm days with the fresh and authentic flavors of HERDEZ® Salsa Verde).
This HERDEZ® product is available at my local Wal-Mart which is literally 5 minutes from my house, BONUS! Furthermore, they always stock the size of jar I need-16 oz. HERDEZ® Salsa Verde is not only for dips and taco topping; this product also makes a great marinade because it is filled with fresh and authentic flavors. I’ve used it in the past for tacos, guacamole, nachos, and tostadas.
This was a great opportunity to use the product in a creative way. Tangy sweet beef kebabs are accented with mango nectar. In addition, red onion, mushrooms, and mango chunks make for a festive, not to mention a scrumptious skewer.
HERDEZ® Salsa Verde uses fresh ingredients with intense flavors such as tomatillo, chili peppers, onions, and cilantro which infuse the meat with a sensational taste. Because of the great flavors, you don’t have to marinate the meat too long either, 2 hours and you are good to go. The nutmeg and mango nectar bring all of the flavors together. Running out of ideas? Get recipe inspiration as well as beef nutrition information at “Beef. It’s what’s for dinner.“
Finally, go ahead, and make your summer last just a wee bit more. Run, or drive, to your closest Wal-Mart, pick up a jar of HERDEZ® Salsa Verde, some cubed stew meat and get cooking. Marinate and assemble your kebabs, light up the grill, relax, and enjoy. Who says summer has to end on Labor Day? Happy Prolonged Summer!
- 1½ lb. stew meat
- 1 cup HERDEZ® Salsa Verde
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- ½ tsp. oregano
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 tsp. Kosher salt
- ¼ cup mango nectar
- 1 mango cut into chunks
- 8 oz. white mushrooms
- 1 large red onion
- 10-12 grape tomatoes
- Pace meat on a glass baking dish.
- In a bowl mix together the HERDEZ® Salsa Verde, garlic, oregano, nutmeg, salt, and mango nectar. Pour mixture over the meat and allow it to marinate for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator covered.
- In the meantime, cut mango, and onion into 1" chunks.
- Light the grill, and while it heats up, assemble the kebabs on wooden or metal skewers alternating ingredients (see picture).
- Grill on high for about 8-12 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness. For example, 8 minutes will render a "rare" meat. while 12 minutes will give you a medium well kebab.
- Remove from the grill, place the kebabs on a platter and cover with aluminum foil and allow them to rest for about 3-5 minutes before serving.