Here are 12 great ethnic dishes that I have adapted to fit a paleo diet with just a few simple substitutions. Below I have listed some common ingredients or side dishes to use when preparing a paleo diet recipe.
- Salt Substitute: sea salt.
- Potatoes: Use yams or sweet potatoes.
- Wheat flour: Use almond flour, coconut flour or tapioca.
- Rice: Substitute with mashed cauliflower, steamed or roasted vegetables.
- Bread: Ezekiel bread is really good and made with sprouts.
- Naan: I have not seen this available in stores but here is a great 3-ingredient naan recipe.