This post for easy chicken enchiladas with jalapeno white sauce has been compensated by Goya Foods. All opinions are mine alone. #Goya
Okay, I did not make the cheese or the tortillas, but everything else I made. Easy chicken enchiladas with jalapeno white sauce is a perfect meal for any night of the week.
Variety is indeed the spice of life, right Right!
This time around I opted for white sauce because I have already made a couple of dishes topped with my homemade enchilada sauce. So, I’m kind of stepping outside the box today. I spiced up the white sauce a bit with chopped up jalapeno peppers, and my herb of choice: cilantro. If you are one of those people who do not like cilantro, no worries, use parsley. Remember, a recipe is just a suggestion. For added flavor I sprinkled in some cumin too. All The Goya products help you create a flavorful meal.
Easy chicken enchiladas with jalapeno white sauce is without a doubt a new favorite at our house.
For starters, as the name implies, they are EASY to make, AND secondly, I discovered that you can also freeze them. Lately I’ve working overtime, trying to handle multiple projects at a time. This recipe is without a doubt a HUGE help! By the way, if you love enchiladas like I do, make sure to check out my black beans enchilada recipe. There will be more enchilada recipes coming down the pipes, so just stay tuned.
And with 5 de Mayo right around the corner this is the absolute perfect dish to take to a party or to make at home to celebrate. Checkout some other great Latin recipes at Goya Food’s recipe page too! Buen Provecho!
Easy Chicken Enchiladas with Jalapeno White Sauce
- 12 oz chicken breast
- 1/2 tbsp Olive oil Goya
- 1 onion small, diced
- 2 tsp garlic Goya, minced
- 1/2 tsp Kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp oregano Goya
- 1/2 tsp cumin Goya
- 1/8 tsp white pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Tbsp heavy cream
- 1/2 cup queso fresco crumbled
- 1/4 tsp Sweet Paprika
- 1 Green onion
- 1 Roma tomato cored and diced
Tortillas for rolling enchiladas
- 6 corn tortillas Goya
- In a small bowl mix together salt, oregano, cumin, and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet and saute the onion and the garlic until translucent. Add the chicken.
Sprinkle with the spice mixture on both sides of the chicken. Brown the chicken slightly on both sides. Pour in the water, and allow it to simmer on medium heat for about 20 minutes or until the chicken is completely done. Add the cream, and stir, then let it sit for about 5 minutes.
- Remove from the skillet and place on a cutting board, then shred using two forks.
- Preheat oven to 350'F
- To make the white sauce melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat. Quickly add the flour and stir quickly using a whisk. Begin adding the milk slowly while stirring and breaking down the lumps using a whisk. Sprinkle in the salt and stir. Slowly blend in the Gruyere cheese.
- Next, toss in the jalapeno and the nutmeg, and stir until the mixture is slightly thick.
- Remove from heat, and set aside.
- Place 1/2 of the sauce on the bottom of a baking dish.
- To assemble the enchiladas, place about 2 ounces of shredded chicken down the center of each tortilla shell. Roll tightly and then place on top of the sauce in the baking dish.
- Pour the remaining sauce on top of the enchiladas and bake for 15 minutes. Broil for an additional 3 minutes if a bit of brownness is desired.
- Finally, sprinkle with paprika, queso fresco, green onions, and tomato.