Nothing says summer like a refreshing guava lime cocktail! It’s pretty color and delicious taste is the perfect accompaniment to tapas on the deck with family and friends.
Guava juice is sweet and delicious. Stir in some lime juice, a splash of your favorite tequila, give it a quick stir and top with a sprig of mint. You’re golden. This refreshing guava lime cocktail comes together in minutes. No blender needed!
A fruit with curious origins
Guava or guayaba in Spanish, grows abundantly from Southern Mexico and through Central America. Guava’s origins are uncertain because it has been carried by man and birds throughout many geographical points. Although they were only introduced in Florida in 1847, there is mention of guavas in the West Indies as far back as 1526. Guavas are one of the leading fruits of Mexico and a major commercial source in India. There are a few different varieties of guava fruit with different interior flesh: white, yellow, pink, or red. Guava trees can grow up to 30 feet if left to the whims of nature.
Here are the step by step photos to make a Guava Lime cocktail:
- Gather all your ingredients, guava nectar, tequila, limes and mint.
- Squeeze fresh limes into a pitcher. I love my combo Zulay lemon lime squeezer for this!
- Measure the lime juice and at 1/2 ounce to the glass.
- Pour in 3 ounces guava nectar.
- Pour in 1 shot or ounce of tequila.
- Stir with a spoon and garnish with a lime slice and fresh mint. Enjoy!
Guava juice is very nutritious, well maybe not once you add tequila, but you know what I mean. Guavas possess vitamin C, B complex, various vitamins as well as lycopenes which are helpful in cancer fighting. This refreshing guava lime cocktail goes great with mini empanadas, mango tomatillo salsa, or a nice shrimp ceviche. Really, just about any appetizer your little heart desires is a good complement to this refreshing and delicious drink. But don’t keep this cocktail all to yourself, share with your friends!
Refreshing Guava Cocktail
Try a cool and refreshing guava lime cocktail! Squeeze some limes, add tequila and guava juice and a sprig of mint! Simple and delicious!
- 3 oz guava juice or nectar
- 1 oz tequila
- 1/2 oz lime fresh juice
- 1 sprig of mint
- Place all ingredients in glass containing 4-5 ice cubes
- Stir a few times. Top with a sprig of mint.
- Serve with your favorite appetizers