The foods of Middle Eastern cuisine are rich in spices and flavors also. Ingredients are simple, and for the most part easy to find. Lentils, chickpeas, eggplant, tomatoes, and lamb are among the most common. Middle eastern food is not only superbly delicious, but also quite healthy.
Grains like bulgur wheat are also popular.
Hummus and falafel, are probably the most well known. Hummus is made with chickpeas, and tahini ( a sesame seed paste). These two are a favorite in my house. Lentil soup is a favorite of mine. It is so easy to make.
A popular dish is tabbouleh which is made with bulgur wheat and parsley.
As far as seasonings are concerned, zatar is key! And, with easy DIY recipe, you can make your own!
There is something for everybody. The flavors are wonderful, and again it is healthy food because it is made with fresh ingredients. Enjoy my Middle Eastern recipes!
- Moroccan Country Bread - Khobz
- Lebanese Cheese Fatayer
- Tabouleh Recipe - Middle Eastern Parsley Salad
- Lamb Stew with Rose Water
- Easy Chicken Shawarma
- Pistachio Rosewater Cookies
- Hummus Made With Greek Yogurt Recipe
- Middle Eastern Lentil Soup
- Dolmas- Stuffed Grape Leaves
- Moroccan Carrot Salad
- Lebanese Lamb Fatayer
- Easy DIY Za'atar
- Rosewater Lemonade and History
- Lassi - The Original Yogurt Mango Smoothie
- Poğaças - Savory Turkish Pastries