Weeknight meals made easy
Weeknight meals are sometimes a challenge. Herdez Instant Refried Beans can help you prepare a healthy meal in under 30 minutes. Refried beans, avocado, tomato, queso fresco tostada is not only easy to prepare, but also delicious. It's an excellent choice for a busy weeknight meal that the entire family can enjoy putting together.
A creative way to add a vegetarian meal to the table.
Traditional refried beans make the process so convenient. Not only does this product have a fabulous texture and flavor, but has good restaurant quality as well. The product also has the added advantage that it can be made on the stove top in about 5 minutes. In my book is a great summertime plus! Who wants to spend a ton of time in the kitchen during the summer months? Not me, even given my love for cooking.
The multipurpose legume
Beans are a key staple in the Latin American diet because they can be prepared and eaten in so many different ways, and at any meal as well: breakfast, lunch or dinner! They can be eaten as a side dish, a dip, or even as a topping for your morning toast.
These tostadas are oh so easy.
All it takes is four easy steps. Get the whole family in on the action. It's great family time.
Refried beans, avocado, tomato, queso fresco tostada is healthy, delicious, and not to mention a great way to get the whole family to participate in the dinner preparation. Top with your favorite salsa. As a BONUS I'v'e also added my recipe for pico de gallo, a staple in my house.
Refried Beans, Avocado, Tomato, Queso Fresco Tostada
Refried bean tostata with fresh pico de gallo, guacamole and queso fresco! These are a fast and delicious weeknight meal! Top off with your favorite salsa or hot sauce!
- 2 avocados
- 1 tsp lime fresh juice
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 cup lettuce shredded (I use Romaine)
Pico de Gallo
- 2 Roma tomatoes cored, seeded, and diced
- 1 tsp lime fresh juice
- 2 Tbsp red onion diced
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- 2 Tbsp cilantro chopped
- 6 Tbsp queso fresco crumbled
- Prepare the refried beans according to package instructions.
- Peel, cut, and mash the two avocados and place in a bowl. Add in the lime juice and the salt and stir until well combined.
- To make the pico de gallo place the tomatoes in a bowl and stir in the rest of the ingredients except the queso fresco until well combined.
- Assemble the tostadas:
- Spread the refried beans evenly among the 6 tostadas.
- Evenly place the guacamole mixture on top of the refried beans, and top with the shredded lettuce.
- Portion the pico de gallo on top of the lettuce and sprinkle with 1 Tbsp. of queso fresco.
- Top with your favorite salsa.