I consider appetizers a food group. I know this is by no means accurate, but there are so many to choose from. Usually on Friday nights my husband and I have appetizers for dinner. This is a tradition we established since our kids were little. They both enjoyed helping to prepare "dinner", and they also chose something to add to the feast. Were they healthy appetizers? Hmm not always.
My best friend who moved away a number of years ago used to throw the BEST appetizer parties. Better yet, she would usually send us home with a big care package. BONUS. There is another couple who still lives in town who happen to also throw amazing holiday appetizer parties.
This section has a great offering of both cold and warm foods. I personally like a selection of both when I am putting together a easy appetizers for a party. I did include one of my all time faves: empanadas!
Read though this list, and let me know if you have a favorite that you would like to see added.
- Lebanese Cheese Fatayer
- Spicy Turkish Meat Pastries
- Samosas - Spicy Potato Filled Pastries
- Black Bean Plantain Empanadas
- Papas Rellenas - Peruvian Stuffed Potatoes
- Spanish Style Grilled Marinated Pork
- Arancini: Sicilian Rice Balls
- Creamy Curry Chicken Salad Wraps
- Panelle - Sicilian Fried Chickpea Fritters
- Authentic Greek Tzatziki Sauce
- Caramelized Onion, Pancetta, Fig Scones
- Baked Teriyaki Chicken Tenders
- Turkish Bread: Pide
- Yuca Fritters - Carimañolas