Italian recipes are favorite for most people, and I can certainly understand why. The varieties are endless!It's hard to name one authentic Italian food. Italian food is regional. which makes it that much more interesting. Sicilians for example eat a lot of fish. Also their food has a lot of Arabic influence since they were colonized by the Moors. One of my favorite Sicilian treats is arancini, a delicious Italian street food. This is a ball of risotto that is filled with something, like pancetta, or prosciutto, and then deep fried.
In the south for example red sauces are more predominant. In the cuisine of the north white sauces are more prevalent.
Regions like the Emilia Romagna give us that wonderful prosciutto. By the way one of my favorite appetizers uses this wonderful ham. I learned through an interview with an Italian chef that the characteristic taste of prosciutto comes from the diet the pigs are fed.
A marinara sauce of course is typical of the Italian food repertoire, and from what my friend who lives in Rome tells me.
- Quick and Easy Marinara Sauce
- Orecchiette with Shrimp, Fennel and Arugula
- Arancini: Sicilian Rice Balls
- Panelle - Sicilian Fried Chickpea Fritters
- Frico - Italian Potato Pie - Step by Step
- Blueberry Crostata - A Fruit Tart For Any Occasion
- Ricotta Gnocchi with Arugula Pesto and Pancetta
- Creamy Salmon and Dill Angel Hair Pasta
- Spicy Shakshuka
- How to make Ricotta Cheese
- Easy Polenta with Sausage and Mushrooms
- Crostini with ricotta, fig preserves, and prosciutto