Chicken pesto flatbread is a winning dinner.
Okay, having said all this, I hope you enjoy my easy 30 minute chicken cilantro pesto flatbread pizza. Did I mention it is topped with RO*TEL? Yeah, read on.
Need to spice things up a little bit? RO*TEL
I use RO*TEL for so many different dishes I prepare at home, like this chicken cilantro flatbread pizza recipe. For starters, it’s great on black beans, dips, stews, and YES, as a topping for flatbread too. Scrambled eggs? Sure, why not? RO*TEL is perfect with most everything you want to spice up. You see, with RO*TEL you can say bye bye to blandness and HELLO to flavor, bold, fabulous flavor that is!
This is such an easy and tasty dish to make, and RO*TEL is there to help you add that extra zing.
So, now I have a little confession to make: “I bought the flatbread” Yes, I know, I cheated. But, I was in a hurry and I wanted to make something great and delicious for our Sunday night dinner. If it’s the weekend, I can make my homemade naan.
But everything else is fresh, I promise. Yeah, that’s right because the taste of RO*TEL is as good as fresh. If you make this easy 30 minute chicken cilantro pesto flatbread, let me know what you think, AND share the recipe with your friends too.
Easy 30 Minute Chicken Cilantro Pesto Flatbread
- 4 Flatbreads
- 10 oz tomatoes RO*TEL tomatoes & chillie
- 8 Tbsp queso fresco crumbled
- 1 cup red onion chopped fine
- To make the cilantro pesto, cut most of the stems from the cilantro, and the parsley. Place the herbs in the bowl of a food processor and chop. Add the rest of the ingredients, and process on high until they form a thick paste.
- Pound chicken breasts until they're about 1/4" thick and then marinate.
- To marinate the chicken: Place it in a glass container. In a small bowl mix lemon juice, cumin, oregano, and salt. Pour over the chicken making sure to coat both sides. Refrigerate for about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375'F.
- Cook chicken by quickly pan frying it on both sides until done (about 3-4 minutes per side).
- To assemble your flatbread, place about 2 tablespoons of cilantro pesto on each flatbread, and spread with a spoon. Top with chicken, onion, queso fresco, and finally top with RO*TEL.
- Bake for 20 minutes directly on the oven rack.
* Blanched Almonds
To blanch the almonds place them in boiling water for about 2 minutes then drain, rinse and remove the skins by rubbing the almonds between your fingers.