The perfect summer poolside drink: Frozen mango rum cocktail with mint. Served alone or with your favorite tapas, this fruity cocktail rocks, to say the least! It's perfect for day parties, a relaxing dinner with friends, or pairing with an uncomplicated summer Sunday brunch.
Why You'll Love It
Now, I will confess, I'm usually not one to go for the frozen drinks. In this case, I will definitely make an exception. Frozen mango rum cocktail with mint has made a convert out of me. LOL! I want to clarify something, I prefer mango nectar to mango juice because it is a bit thicker and holds its texture much better. In other words it doesn't become watery right away like some frozen drinks. I love the intense yellow orange color too. As for the rum, I am leaving it up to you. I prefer the clear rum, so that is what I am using in this recipe. The mint adds a bright flavor touch, plus it makes a pretty garnish too. I have an awesome mint patch in my yard that grows just by looking at it.
So, before I let you run off to make your frozen mango cocktail with mint I want to share with you a little mango history:
- Cultivation of mangoes began about 4,000 years ago. The original fruit is thought to have been small, not very fleshy and rather fibrous.
- Mangoes are considered among the world's oldest fruits. They are presumed to have their origins in northeast India, spreading west via nature and human help (traders). Mangoes arrived in the western hemisphere via the Portuguese traders who colonized the Indian subcontinent towards the end of the 15th century.
- There are over 400 varieties of mangoes. In Thailand for example there's a popular mango salad made with green mangoes called Som Tum Mamuang made with bean sprouts, fish sauce, cilantro, peanuts and chili sauce.
So, now that you know more about mangoes than any of your friends, or enemies, it's time to get out the blender and make yourself a frozen mango cocktail with mint. Bottoms up! And, don't forget to share this recipe post with your friends.
Frozen Mango Rum Cocktail with Mint Recipe Card
Enjoy the summer heat with a frozen mango rum cocktail with mint! Sweet, tart and delicious!
- 9.6 oz Mango nectar
- 3 oz rum
- 1 oz lime fresh squeezed juice
- 1 cup ice cubes
- 6 mint leaves
- 2 lime slices
- Place all ingredients except mint and lime slices in a blender, and process until smooth.
- Garnish with mint and a slice of lime.