Sometimes dinner time preparations can be stressful. What to make? How long do I have to cook a healthy and delicious meal? On nights like those pasta is usually the answer, at least for me. Pasta is a blank canvas because there is so much you can do.
Certainly, Barilla’s Ready Pasta is perfect for my penne pasta with sun-dried tomatoes and pesto. This delicious meal only takes about 5-10 minutes to make once you figure in the cooking time for the sun-dried tomatoes, and warming up the pesto sauce.
No fuss dinner
For people who live alone, pasta is a MUST because they can prepare an easy, no-fuss dinner in no time at all. Before I forget, I wanted to tell you that I like to buy the sun-dried tomatoes that are not packed in oil, but in a resealable bag.
Finally, if you make this Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Pesto, let me know what you think. I definitely want to hear from you!
Penne Pasta with Sun-dried Tomatoes and Pesto
- Re-hydrate the sun-dried tomatoes by placing them in a small bowl, then pour 1 cup of water over the tomatoes. Cover and microwave for one minute, then allow them to sit for about 5 minutes until they soften.
- Cook the penne pasta according to the package instructions.
- In a small skillet heat the pesto sauce, then stir in the nutmeg.
- Next, add the cooked pasta to the pesto mixture, then stir to coat evenly. Top with sun-dried tomatoes
- Finally, sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese, and parsley.