French food recipes are simply fabulous. The diverse cuisine of France is due to its multiple culinary influences throughout history. Stews, desserts, salads, and simple appetizers, they are all packed with amazing flavors.
There are Italian influences, Moorish influences to the south, and to the north we also see the influences of German cuisine. Unlike other world cuisines, French food uses herbs rather than spices as its seasonings. The exquisite development of this world cuisine is largely due to the establishment of the guild system dating back to the Middle Ages.
Try any of these recipe offerings, and you will not be disappointed. As time goes on I am planning on adding more easy French recipes to this existing group. On a cold day I enjoy a baked stew, or pork chops in morel sauce. Now any time or day or year, I can go for a French Patisserie fruit tart.
Apart from some great recipes in this section, I also have instructions on how to make Herbes de Provence. a popular herb blend in this lovely cuisine.
- Creamy Walnut Tartlets
- French Onion Soup and Its History
- Tarragon Chicken
- Steak au Poivre and Pan Sauce
- Authentic Quiche Lorraine
- Pork Chops in Morel Mushroom Sauce
- Potato, Bacon, Gruyere Tart - Potato Pie
- French Oven Baked Beef Stew - Baeckeoffe
- How to Make Goat Cheese Recipe - Chèvre
- Salmon Quiche
- Wild Mushroom, Gruyere, Mini Quiches
- Lemon Tartlets - How to Make Fresh Lemon Curd
- Strawberry Tart with Vanilla Custard
- Tarte aux Pommes - French Apple Tart
- Cassoulet - French Classic Pork and Sausage Stew