Summer's almost over. Boo, please don't say that, unless you want me to continue crying! Well, unfortunately the calendar doesn't lie.
In the frozen north where I live, however, we don't consider summer over until the first snowflake falls. To me nothing says summer like delicious beef kebabs sizzling on the grill. Say hello to tangy sweet beef kebabs.
Tangy sweet beef kebabs are accented with mango nectar. In addition, red onion, mushrooms, and mango chunks make for a festive, not to mention a scrumptious skewer.
with intense flavors such as tomatillo, chili peppers, onions, and cilantro which infuse the meat with a sensational taste. Because of the great flavors, you don't have to marinate the meat too long either, 2 hours and you are good to go. The nutmeg and mango nectar bring all of the flavors together.
Beef Kebabs with Mushrooms, Tomatoes, and Mango
Enjoy some juicy tender beef kebabs with a Latin twist! Marinated in salsa verde, garlic, nutmeg, salt & oregano.
- 1 ½ lb beef stew meat or cubed chuck steak
Items for skewers:
- 1 mango cut into chunks
- 8 oz mushrooms white button type
- 1 red onion large, sliced into large chunks
- 12 grape tomatoes
- Pace meat on a glass baking dish.
- In a bowl mix together the HERDEZ® Salsa Verde, garlic, oregano, nutmeg, salt, and mango nectar. Pour mixture over the meat and allow it to marinate for 1-2 hours in the refrigerator covered.
- In the meantime, cut mango, and onion into 1" chunks.
- Light the grill, and while it heats up, assemble the kebabs on wooden or metal skewers alternating ingredients (see picture).
- Grill on high for about 8-12 minutes on each side, or until desired doneness. For example, 8 minutes will render a "rare" meat. while 12 minutes will give you a medium well kebab.
- Remove from the grill, place the kebabs on a platter and cover with aluminum foil and allow them to rest for about 3-5 minutes before serving.